From the 17th till the 19th of January the 'reCAPture food & agriculture' meeting of the Young Friends of the Earth Europe (YFoEE) takes place in Berlin.
A delegation of the YFM NL and the German YFM will be present to learn
beyond our own network, and make links and cooperate with other youth
groups working towards the same goal. Like our own CAP campagin, the YFoEE started a CAP campaign, called reCAP: a series of actions Europe-wide to
promote sustainable farming, to raise public awareness and call on politicians to rethink the CAP. SFYN says: Let's learn from each other's knowledge and bond our forces in reCAPturing and reCAPsidering our future food and agricultural system!
The 'reCAPture food & agriculture' meeting is a four day event for learning, planning together and taking action for a more sustainable food and agriculture system in Europe and the world. The meeting will coincide with a demonstration in Berlin on the 19th January, where tens of thousands of people will join to say "we have had enough" on the current food and farming system.
The four-day programme of 'reCAPture food & agriculture' where you'll have the chance to:
- learn about the topic of food and agriculture, through workshops, presentations, film screenings and discussions
- share news and activities from your food and agriculture work and campaigns at home
- reflect and evaluate our recent YFoEE food & agriculture work, and plan the next steps of our work and campaigns for 2013
- take action, by joining the demonstration on the 19th, and possible doing some other practical food and farming related activities
- meet activists from BUNDjugend, and join in their social and campaigning activities over the demonstration weekend
- cook and eat tasty and sustainable meals together
Places are limited, so if interested email to firstname.lastname@example.org