This wednesday join us and 100s of other European citizens during the Good Food March & Brunch in Brussels!
Slow Food Youth Network joins the Good Food March!
Now is the time to involve Europe’s youth in the public and political discussion on the future of our European food and farming policy. Therefore this wednesday the Slow Food Youth Network will join over a 100 organisations in the Good Food March to Brussels to bring their demands for the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP).
The future of EU farming policy is currently being debated by decision-makers. For the first time the European Parliament will co-decided on the reforms of the CAP. Bringning the voice of young Europe to the discussion will be essential for the European Institutions to make the right decisions on the future of our food system. The Good Food March gives us the opportunity to express our demands in Brussels for a sustainable and green farming and food policy.
At the Slow Food Conference, CAP Reform 2020, Samuel Levie will get the opportunity to present the vision of Slow Food Youth Network on the future of EU's food and agriculture policy. During the conference ARC2020 organizes workshops in front of the Parliament, where Melissa Marijnen and Marleen Brouwer will give a presentation on the 'CAP2012: food for change' campaign and talk about how to start your own campaign.
Join us as we will march for a sustainable food policy!
Program of the Good Food March (source):
- 10:00 Gathering of civil society and marchers in Brussel’s Parc du Cinquantenaire
- 10:30 Start of the March, followed by a Fanfare music band. The march is scheduled to stop at the European Commission, the Council of the European Union, and the Committee of Regions
- 12:15 Arrival of the march at Square de Meeus. The marchers then walk down Rue de Luxemburg and past Place de Luxemburg to arrive at the European Parliament’s Esplanade Solidarnosc 1980
- 12:30 Start of the Brunch at Esplanade Solidarnosc 1980- with a short welcome and an announcement of the day’s program
- 13:30-14:10 Animation/testimonials by participants of the Good Food and Good Farming March
- 14:15-14:35/40 Comment session for decision makers
- 14:40-15:00 Registration for the Slow Food/ARC2020 Conference
- 15:00 Start of the Slow Food/ARC2020 Conference at the Parliament
- 15:00-17:00 Start of the Open Space for ad hoc meetings/workshops at Esplanade Solidarnosc 1980
- 17:00 Start of the third session of the Slow Food/ARC2020 Conference. The public will be able to participate via twitter
- 18:00 End of the activities and the Good Food March
Download program of the Slow Food Conference 'CAP Reform 2020' here.